facebooktwitterpinterestspacer

Friday, May 25, 2012

Turning 24! A Birthday Wish List

I am turning the big 2-4 on Monday and I couldn't be more excited.

I am sure we have talked about this before, but birthdays are a really big deal to me. I love spoiling people on their big day -- regardless if you are 3 or 82, in my opinion, birthdays are meant to be celebrated.

I think it's because I love giving gifts. I am a 100% positive it's my dominant "love language" if you have read that book. And since I love giving gifts, I also love getting them.


I have been trying to come up with a birthday wish list for the last week and have been hitting a wall. Last year, I came up with a fabulous list and lucky me, throughout the year, I got 4 out of 5. And, I had a slightly over-the-top Pinterest Christmas List that served me well, too.

Maybe I am spoiled or maybe it's this frugal mindset I have been trying to implement in our household lately, but I can't think of anything extravagant to make the list.

I mean there is no doubt in my mind that I would take any of these lovelies...







But the fact is, I don't really need any of these and I also don't think anyone who is birthday shopping for me is making a trip to the MOA where all these beauties live anytime soon.

So, while I can admit this is much too practical for my own good, my realistic birthday gift list includes a fan for my office, sunglasses, a printer, candles, someone to vacuum my car for me and that my husband sits down so we seriously discuss a trip to Europe. Plus, I am hoping for a glass of wine or a cold Blue Moon on a patio somewhere and it would be nice to see my Grandma.

Well, actually, I also am hoping one of the million blogs that I entered to win a Silhouette Cameo on this week will let me win it this time.

Is this what birthdays after 23 are like!? Do we simply wish for office fans & printers?! Is this what I have to live for for the next 70+ years?

Okay enough, I know.

Dramatics aside, I am thoroughly looking forward to relaxing and maybe if I don't get surprised with a beautiful new watch, I will make it my own little birthday gift to me next week. :)

Plus, Momma May gave me the best birthday gift ever when she decided to have me on May 28th -- almost always it means a day off work like this year.

Happy Friday! Enjoy your long, fabulous weekend.

XoXo,



1 comment:

  1. I'm a little past 23 and I don't wish for office fans....although there was one year I wished for new pj's lol but that isn't typical. This year I am hoping for a sparkling diamond, but I know it isn't going to happen.

    ReplyDelete