facebooktwitterpinterestspacer

Friday, June 22, 2012

High Five For Friday - Pork Chops, Hair Cuts, Jeans, & More

You know what is the worst?

When you think your Monday is Thursday, making your Tuesday a Friday, so when Tuesday finally comes, your completely disappointed that you still have three more days until the weekend.

Does that make any sense at all? 

If you by any means can follow my craziness, it means that I was way off this week and as a result, Friday took flat out FOREVER to get here. 

So, being happy that it finally is actually Friday is an understatement. This girl is officially ecstatic.

First & foremost, before I get into too many happy thoughts about the last seven days, I need to apologize for being a little MIA. Folks, I have so much to blog about...in fact, I have a list of ten blogs that I really want to write and I need to share with you pictures of what's going on in the fields, because it's ugly out there. But gosh, I have been just crazy busy. And the one night I had free, my husband offered to help me clean the house (cue the singing angels!) and I had to take advantage of it. 

Anyway, I am making time for a High Five For Friday with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk. Why? Because I am a firm believer in celebrating the little things! And I'm not leaving the house tonight until I get a few things ready for you for the weekend, consider it a promise. 

#1 - Haircut

{Goodbye hair! It's so much easier to take care of it & I am completely loving it. You can read more about it here.}
#2 - The Perfect Jeans
After my hair appointment, I made a quick stop at the outlet malls north of the Twin Cities and I scooped up an awesome deal on "the perfect jeans." 70% (yes, you read that right!) of dark denim jean trousers in petite, AKA, pants I can put immediately on my body and not have to wait for my mother to hem. (This deserves a #shortgirlproblems hashtag.) Don't you love when that happens?

#3 - Organization
When you decide to travel the state every Saturday & Sunday to cattle shows and then book every week night with appointments, drinks with friends and volleyball games, it leaves little time for house cleaning, bill paying and "life stuff." Luckily, we took Wednesday night to catch up. Thank goodness. 
{Plus, while picking up bins for packing away winter clothes, I found these fabulous little bins from Target for $5.99 for five and I scooped them right up. They are perfect for my slightly out-of-control craft shelf.}
#4 - Catching Up W/High School Friends
I got blessed with some really great friends in high school and I finally got to catch up with them again.  These days, babies, houses & weddings are our favorite subjects. :)

#5 - Pork Chops On A Stick
Our family friends win the award for best graduation party food this year (or ever).  

Yum! We took this one right off the grill before we left and it was SO DARN GOOD we couldn't stop ourselves from taking a bite before the picture. I am definitely thankful for the pork farmer that provided that tasty goodness! :)

Happy Friday!
Jaime



1 comment:

  1. You would love my friend Becky's twitter (https://twitter.com/idratherbeshort) and blog (http://chipperthings.com/ratherbeshort/). She talks about the awesomeness of being short! Amen, sister!

    ReplyDelete