facebooktwitterpinterestspacer

Monday, October 4, 2010

Crazy Beautiful Life

My life has been a race lately.

No actually, my life has been a marathon.

You see a race has an end in sight...these past ten days have been nothing but a major test of my endurance.  A 26.3 mile run across the country which included two flights, four long drives, two twelve and eights, hundreds of new faces and a once brand new judging notebook filled with classes.

And...it only took me twelve days to complete.  Do you think this means I can cross "run a marathon" off my bucket list?  Probably not.  :)

However, this blog is not about how busy I have been (I complain about that much to much!) but instead about how truly blessed I am. 

The last few days have been great reminders of what truly is important in life and how valuable each new moment is--and that every once in a while, I need to stop and take a water break and remember how great my life is.

I may be busy...but here is the thing, I am busy looking at really good livestock, traveling with some amazing friends, getting to learn every last thing possible before I graduate, traveling to Puerto Rico, listening to truly motivating stories and giving my life a reason.  And my hectic life is filled with people I absolutely love.  If it wasn't great enough to spend a weekend in paradise with so many people passionate about the beef industry, but then I get to come home to my happy family and a beautiful roommate.  What more could a girl ask for??

Yes, sleep would be nice.  But I did get some of that last night cuddled up to my favorite boy...so I should be set in that category for a week or so now too :)

So how is that for a little perspective?  I may have not slept in the same bed for more than 2 nights in a row for the last 12 days but  I am blessed to be healthy, have a great family to come home to, a very good looking boyfriend that picks me up every time I fly home and a month just as full to look forward to!  Oh and another positive...I haven't got bed bugs, yet! They say with my lifestyle, this could be a problem...yuck.

Here is the thing, tonight before I go to bed I am going to say my prayers for Kyle and everyone else out there who really needs a break and then I am going to thank god for each and every one of you that have made my crazy life...a crazy beautiful life

So why don't you stop and think about life in a new perspective.  You could be 17 again facing all those new life challenges or sitting by a hospital bed praying for someone you love or feeling totally alone...but I bet your not.  I bet you are surrounded by a overwhelming support group that gets you through your day...so take a little time to appreciate them and enjoy each new moment you are given.

"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.”  --Storm Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment