A long while back, I wrote an extensive list of things I wanted to accomplish in the next 1001 days. (You can read the list in its entirety here.) I am one of those people who need my dreams to be written down (and published it seems) to motivate me and keep me accountable
I know that I won't accomplish everything and I am coming to terms with that. Truth be told, I have no interest in accomplishing a few things. However, every now and again I think of my 101 list and it encourages me to try something new or take a chance, which is exactly what I was going for.
Part of the deal was to provide you with updates when I accomplish new & exciting things, so in light of all the great things I did in the last few months, you deserve an update.
35. Own a new DSLR camera. Check!
I have been wanting to buy my very own DSLR camera for months. Awhile back I got my hands on a work camera and because it was so fun to play with while taking pictures of cattle, I wanted one of my very own to drag with me to cattle shows, snap pictures of family and use for absolutely anything I wanted! Luckily, I have a really great husband who actually encouraged me to get one. Truth is, he wanted it so I could take good pictures of our sale cattle, and I don't think he knew what he was getting into, but nonetheless, I am an owner of new Nikon D7000 with a Tamron 18-270 lens.
I am definitely excited to have high-quality photos of my own and while it was a big investment, it was also a life investment (that's what I have been telling myself, please don't tell me otherwise). One day we are going to have kiddos we want to snap pictures of and by then, I should at least understand what shutter speed & aperture I need to use. Hopefully....
36. Splurge on another pair of Sperry...or two. :)
A Macy's gift card plus a summer sale meant a new pair for me. Unfortunately, they are already covered in crap, but shows are there home away from home, it's really where they work best. My "or two" pick would be these.
63. Put away 3 paychecks for emergency fund. Money in the bank.
79. Try 5 new recipes (Stuffed Mushroom, PW Broc & Cheese, Swiss & Ham Sliders, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Wild Rice Casserole, Pumpkin Cupcakes).
This is the cheesy chicken wild rice casserole I whipped up last week. It's delicious. You can find the recipe here. Just a note though, it makes a lot. We were eating this for four days straight. And I went without the Trader Joe wild rice, but I think it might be worth the trip next time.
I will share the pumpkin cupcake recipe tomorrow. It's so simple it needs to be part of my H54F post.
Others in progress:
17. Judge five shows. (2 out of 5) I judged the Regional Highland Show this past month. I hate to admit this, but I was so freaking nervous before the show. Why? 1. I hadn't judged a show in over a year. 2. I am not a highland expert. However, good cattle are good cattle and it went really well.
20. Make all the breeding decisions on my own heifer...and get a calf. (I better get a move on #12.) Scarface (my wedding present heifer) is bred to Brilliance and will calve on March 3rd. You better bet I will be blogging about that calf. :)