I am going to France! I am going to France! I am going to France! I am going to France!
Wait, have you heard? I am going to France! :)
I am getting a little nervous and very EXCITED!
Here are the details:
- I am going with NDSU as a summer study abroad program. There are eight students going along with our two advisers. It is an agriculture-based program titled: From Farm to Fork: Sustainable Food Culture and we will focus on France's food industry, sustainable farming practices, and the best of all, wine and cheese production! We will also take some French classes and do a lot of field trips! (You can start being jealous at this point!)
- NDSU isn't the only University sending students on this trip, so I will get to make some new friends from other land-grant colleges. Texas A&M, UW-Madison and more!
- I don't know a soul I am going with. Good or bad thing?!? I don't know!
- I will be gone for only a month, so not too long but not too short. We leave on May 25th and I will return on June 24th. I spend the first five days in Paris and then we will spend the rest of our time at the University in Angers, France.
- The Deckard's (our faculty advisers) say Angers is comparable to the rural lifestyle we are used to living. However, when I googled my address, I am pretty sure I am living in the city. We stay with host families when in Angers and in hostels the rest of the trip.
- This is my first trip abroad, so I am very excited to experience a new culture but I am also a little nervous about this flight!
- Oh and to wrap this all up, I am flying home one day early in order to drive to Dickinson, ND to go to be my friend, Megan's wedding. I am determined I will not be tired? :)
However, as the day is quickly approaching, I need your help! Do you have any advice for me? Is there anything I have to see while in France? Do you have any tips for my first flight abroad (by myself even)? Any good ideas on what clothes I need to bring? General tips on studying abroad? Financial tips while there-do I buy everything on credit cards, should I bring traveler checks?
Any advice you have would be great! I can't wait to hear from you! And in return for your help, I promise I will keep my blog updated during my trip to France! Bonjour!